Who we are
Work & Family Foundation Canada is a non-profit organization, created in 2010 to study and promote Work-Family-Personal life Balance.
Being aware of the role companies have in facilitating the application of human resource policies aimed at the reconciliation of work and family, Work & Family Foundation Canada partnered with the International Center for Work and Family (ICWF) of IESE Business School -University of Navarra and York University’s School of Human Resources.
Companies that retain the best employees are those that respond to their employees’ changing needs at every stage of their personal and professional development. We believe that integrity must be present in every aspect of life. Our goal is helping people and organizations bring out the best in them.
Work & Family Foundation Canada´s mission is to promote Corporate Family Responsibility and spread the best practices on flexible working, improving people´s quality of life and achieving sustainability for companies and society.
Work & Family Foundation Canada´s vision is to contribute in creating supportive work environments for work-family balance, increasing companies´ productivity and sustainability and also the wellbeing of family and society.
Neither business nor society at large can remain viable without healthy family life.
María José Bosch – Chile
Academic Director of Work and Family Center from Security Group. She manages IFREI Club Chile, which is a meeting place for companies interested in developing and promoting Corporate Family Responsibility. She is also the International Center for Work and Family of IESE collaborator in Chile.
- Ph.D. in General Management (summa cum laude), IESE Business School, España.
- Master of Research in Management, IESE Business School, España.
- Commercial Engineering, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
Hugo Cruz Rivas – Guatemala
Academic Director of UNIS Business School and Executive Director of the Research Center of Humanism and Business, from Universidad del Istmo. He is also a faculty member as Professor of Human Factor and Business Ethics. He is a consultant in Work and Family balance topics and Business Ethics Management. He has been guest speaker in conferences on Policies for Work and Family Balance in Spain, México, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala. His doctoral thesis addressed the effects of familiar responsible work environments over employees’ motivation.
- Ph.D. in Management and Organizational Culture, Universidad de Navarra, España. (Distinction Cum Laude)
- Master en in Management and Organizational Culture, Universidad de Navarra, España.
- Postgrad degree in Quality Management, Quality Cathedra Volkswagen, Universidad de Navarra, España.
- Licenciado en Letras y Filosofía, Universidad Rafael Landívar – Guatemala (Magna Cum Laude).
Patricia Debeljuh – Argentina
Part-time Professor in Management Practices in the Academic Area from Organizational Behavior of IAE Business School, Universidad Austral Argentina, and Executive Director of Standard Bank´s Center of Family and Company Conciliation.
- Ph.D. in Philosophy (2002), Universidad de Navarra – España.
- Industrial Relations Degree – Universidad Argentina de la Empresa Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Sandra Idrovo Carlier – Colombia
Research Director of INALDE Business School, Director and Professor of Managing People in Organizations Department, INALDE. She has been a consultant on Work and Family balance, and Women and Company related topics. She has been guest speaker in conferences and has presented her research in matters of Communication and Culture, Culture and Business in several countries. Sandra frequently collaborates with Colombian magazines and newspapers.
- Ph.D. in Communication, Universidad de Navarra, España.
- Master in Information Sciences, Universidad de Navarra, España.
Juan Carlos Pacheco Silva– Perú
He is the Director of the Strategic Management Master and Directors’ Committee member of the Ph.D in Organizational Management, PAD Business School – University of Piura. He is a Titular Professor of People´s Governance Area and visiting lecturer at Business Development Institute (IDE) of Ecuador and IPADE Business School of México. He is also a consultant and offers assessment to companies.
- Ph.D in Governance and Organizational Culture, Instituto de Empresa y Humanismo, Universidad de Navarra, España.
- Master in Business Administration, PAD – Escuela de Dirección de la Universidad de Piura.
- Degree in Economics, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
Maria Victoria Caparas – Philippines
She is an Associate Professor in the University of Asia and the Pacific where she teaches Human Resource Management and Human Behavior in Organizations. She is the principal investigator of the FRE project in the Philippines.
- Ph.D. in Management, University of Navarre, Spain.
- Master in Business Administration, University of London, U.K.
- Bachelor in Business Administration (summa cum laude), University of the East, Philippines.